Friday, June 5, 2009

Photography as a Healing Art


Art has a healing effect not only on the person viewing the art but also for the artist. Photography is one medium that can transport a person through time, geography and an emotional landscape of memories.

For many years I have been drawn to nature and capturing all its beauty and grandeur through photograpy. It inspires me. It is life affirming both in the act of observing the details of life that most are too busy to see and in being able to "stop time" by capturing its image sharing the experience with others.

Last year, I participated in my first art show and my photography was also on display at an upscale spa in Los Angeles. I have donated my art to non profits. Please contact me if you are a non profit such as a family resource center, skilled nursing facility, hospital, wellness center etc and I would be delighted to work with you.

No comments: