Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cemberlistas Hamam - A Spa Experience

Having traveled half way around the word, having slept 5 hours in 3 days and partaking in a 9 hour walking tour of historic Istanbul over centuries old cobblestone streets, I eagerly sought out the famous Turkish baths I have heard about for years. Thankfully the Cemberlitas Haman remained open in the evening and was only 2 blocks away from my hotel. At 8 pm, I thought this was a fantastic option - better than a show, eating dinner solo or staying in for the night. Finding the hamam was relatively easy - even though the sign is somewhat obscure and small.
Upon entering, I was a little out of my element but felt confident I was in good hands once I walked in the segregated area for females. I opted for the full shabang - having an attendant wash me with bubbles, followed by exfoliation treatment , shampoo wash and massage. I found myself lost in the experience - having no idea what to do, where to start, what to expect - but once I entered the hot room with the exotically inviting central heating stone - oolalala.

This was such a lovely experience, it needs to be shared...and I look forward to the writing the next installation.


http://www.cemberlitashamami.com.tr/

No comments: